Free learning and resources
Think of project management as the art and science of making things happen. Project managers are detail-oriented problem solvers who motivate and lead a project team to deliver a client's solution. They initiate, plan, execute, and monitor projects that lead to success.
At a glance
- New course from PM experts at IPMA and IBM
- Earn a foundational badge in 3.5 hours (in English)
Project managers are in demand
- 88 million
By 2027, employers will need nearly 88 million individuals in project management-oriented roles.– Project Management Job Growth and Talent Gap 2017–2027, PMI
China and India will represent more than 75% of the total project management-oriented employment.– Project Management Job Growth and Talent Gap 2017–2027, PMI
Start building core skills for a project management role
- Initialize and plan projects
- Develop project schedules and monitor budgets
- Track and report on project deliverables
- Lead the team and manage stakeholder relationships
- Manage contracts, risks, and changes
- Apply project management processes and tools
Earn and showcase professional credentials to boost your job prospects
Earn a free, IBM-issued digital badge when you complete the required learning. Badges are an easy way to demonstrate your knowledge and skills to potential employers. You can share badges on your resume and social media, then move on to in-depth coursework to grow your skills.
Ready to land a job in project management?
Sign up for IBM SkillsBuild for Job Seekers today and get the learning and resources you need to help you prepare for a job in tech, all for free.