Free learning and resources
Cybersecurity is a vital part of a secure and well-ordered digital world. Cybersecurity analysts keep computer information systems secure for organizations. They help protect these important systems from internal and external threats such as malware, hackers, and social engineering.
At a glance
- Earn a foundational badge in 6 hours
- Course is available in English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, Hindi, Czech and Arabic
- The Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE) program offers additional courses and certifications
Cybersecurity analysts are in demand
Cybersecurity job opportunities will grow 33% from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average growth rate for all occupations.– US Bureau of Labor Statistics
- 3.5 million
There will be 3.5 million unfilled cybersecurity jobs globally by 2021, up from one million positions in 2014. Of these open positions, India is expected to have more than 1.5 million job vacancies in cybersecurity by 2025.– Cybersecurity Ventures
Why are cybersecurity analyst so important?
High-profile cyber attacks are becoming more common; they can affect the global market, a country's national security, and even your personal information. Cybersecurity is a fascinating and fast-growing field that helps protect businesses and people. With the right training and experience, you can be a part of this! There are many cybersecurity job roles that require different skills and experience. Some examples include:
- Security operations center (SOC) analyst
- Incident responder
- Threat analyst
- Security consultant
- Security analyst
- Penetration tester
Start building core skills for a cybersecurity role
- Implement information security measures and controls
- Work with tools to monitor network activity to identify vulnerable points
- Deal with challenges in a controlled and focused manner
- Engage with colleagues to act on breaches and resolve cyber threats
Earn and showcase professional credentials to boost your job prospects
Earn a free, IBM-issued digital badge when you complete the required learning. Badges are an easy way to demonstrate your knowledge and skills to potential employers. You can share badges on your resume and social media, then move on to in-depth coursework to grow your skills.
Ready to land a job in cybersecurity?
Sign up for IBM SkillsBuild for Job Seekers today and get the learning and resources you need to help you prepare for a job in tech, all for free.