IT support technician
Free learning and resources
With over 14 billion devices connected to the internet – from computers and tablets to servers and routers – there’s a critical need to keep them working every day. Who gets the call when they suddenly stop working? Here on IBM SkillsBuild, you will learn about the technicians who take that call. Through these IT support courses, you will start building the skills they use to troubleshoot and fix all kinds of issues technology devices might have.
At a glance
- Learn the basics of IT support and troubleshooting
- Course available in English
- Earn a foundational credential
IT support technicians are in demand
Start building core skills for an IT support role
- Provision, install, and configure hardware, software, and systems
- Investigate, diagnose, and solve technical and systemic issues
- Maintain devices and computer networks
- Support end users through issues and request resolution
Earn and showcase professional credentials
Earn a free, IBM-issued digital badge when you complete the required learning. Badges are an easy way to demonstrate your knowledge and skills to potential employers. You can share badges on your resume and social media, then move on to in-depth coursework to grow your skills.
Ready to land a job in IT support?
Sign up for IBM SkillsBuild today and get the learning and resources you need to help you prepare for a job in tech, all for free.