Getting started with Cloud for the enterprise
Acquire high-demand skills required across multiple lines of business using the power of hybrid cloud technologies – giving you access to millions of jobs available in the market today.
IBM SkillsBuild for Academia
The fast growing talent gap in organizations embarking on digital transformation is an opportunity for aspiring professionals striving for a competitive advantage in the market.
Cloud today is the backbone of business in every industry.
Looking for a job?
Understand how companies today use cloud computing in their digital transformation journeys; start the path to acquire high-demand skills required to join exciting new projects across multiple lines of business using the power of hybrid cloud technologies – giving you access to millions of jobs available in the market today.
Looking for a better job?
If you already have a job and work experience in a specific field, use this course to explore the power of cloud to transform your organization. Leverage your domain specialization to present new ideas to your team, and lead new initiatives fueled by the power of cloud technologies.
Foundations of cloud for business
For organizations embarking on digital transformation using cloud technologies, finding the necessary talent can be a formidable obstacle. This situation has left companies at risk of losing valuable time and opportunity, with disappointing results from poor implementations.
- Consumer applications
- Enterprise adoption
- Delivery models
- Industry examples
- Identify the massive consumer adoption of cloud computer applications through mobile devices
- Validate the different cloud deployment models for enterprise adoption including: public, private and hybrid cloud approaches, and cloud adoption pathways leveraging IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and BPaaS
- Explore digital transformation cloud adoption patterns for the following industries: Banking, Education, Government, Healthcare, Travel, Media and Entertainment and Automotive
- Understand the drivers behind the API economy and the benefits of cloud for the enterprise culture of agile business innovation
- Understand the roles involved in the adoption and consumption of API services through the cloud
- Explore an existing public cloud platform, and the service types and taxonomies provided for enterprise cloud adoption
- Gain hands-on experience deploying a cloud application to address the need for business innovation-during a pandemic.
About this course
This course is divided into two practice levels.
Each level covers more advanced topics and builds up on top of the concepts, practice, and skills addressed in the previous practice levels.
Level 1 — Cloud for the Enterprise
Explore key cloud concepts, and how industries are using cloud to transform their business models.
- 1. Cloud computing landscape
- 2. Cloud industry adoption
Level 2 — Public cloud adoption
Understand the use of public cloud services to provide business agility.
- 1. API platform revolution
- 2. Deploy an Enterprise cloud application (interactive case study)
Skills you will need to have before joining this course offering.
- Basic IT Literacy skills*
Depending on your current level of expertise, a thorough understanding of the subjects covered in this course may require additional self-study on computer science fundamentals including: Compute, Networks, Client-server architecture, Software, APIs, and Virtualization.
Please use the link below to go to our IBM cloud concepts taxonomy https://www.ibm.com/cloud/learn
*Basic IT Literacy — Refers to skills required to operate at the user level a graphical operating system environment such as Microsoft Windows® or Linux Ubuntu®, performing basic operating commands such as launching an application, copying and pasting information, using menus, windows and peripheral devices such as mouse and keyboard. Additionally, users should be familiar with internet browsers, search engines, page navigation, and forms.
Getting started with cloud for the EnterpriseSee badge
About this certificate
This badge earner has completed all the learning activities included in this online learning experience, including hands-on experience, concepts, methods, and tools related to the cloud computing domain. The individual has demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the foundations of cloud for the enterprise including: Consumer applications, Enterprise adoption, Delivery models and Industry cloud adoption.
API, Business agility, Cloud adoption, Cloud computing, Digital reinvention, Hybrid-cloud, IaaS, IBM Cloud, On-prem, PaaS, Private cloud, Public cloud, SaaS, Toolchain
- Complete the self-paced online course, Getting started with cloud for the Enterprise, which is made available in the IBM Academic Initiative portal.
- Pass the final course assessment.